PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING. THE FOLLOWING POLICIES CONCERN YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THIS WEBSITE AND ITS SERVICES.
I. What Information We Collect.
II. How We Use Information We Collect.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may use non-personally identifiable information to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and pages viewed as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. We may then use this information to analyze and improve the features and functionality of this Site. Please note that we also may match non-personally identifiable information, such as your IP address, to your personally identifiable information in order to augment our ability to administer, and to optimize, the Site for you. This data is not linked to any personal information or used to personally identify you, but may be aggregated to enable Company to perform business analytics, analyze trends, administer the Site, optimize the performance of the site, and gather information regarding where visits to the Site originate, how often the Site is visited and what parts of the Site are visited most often. The server logs may include information such as your Web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your visit.
- Site: We may use Your Information to better tailor your Web site experience to your interests, and to send you information about Dealertrack and its services as well as promotional material on behalf of some of our partners. We use other personally identifiable information that you provide to us to show you content in which you may be interested and to display the content according to your preferences. We will also share this information within the Dealertrack business family in order to enhance your experience on this and other Dealertrack Web sites.
- Dealertrack Employees, Contractors and Agents: Dealertrack may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as processing of payments, operating features of the Site, or hosting or maintaining our servers. These other companies may have access to your personal information as necessary to carry out their functions, but, absent your consent, they are not permitted to share that information with any third party (other than as necessary to perform their duties).
- Banner Ads. Dealertrack sometimes uses individual data collected via the Site to "target" advertising - to decide which advertisements and sponsor messages to show to which members.
- Opt-In/Opt-Out Policy: When you become a Site member or otherwise supply Dealertrack with Your Information in connection with the Site, or from time-to-time in Dealertrack's discretion, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving marketing information from us about special offers in connection with the Site, Dealertrack and/or our advertisers and partners. You will also be provided with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such offers. If you do choose to opt-out, you will not receive such communications. You may, of course, choose not to receive offers or other marketing communications from us or our third-party advertisers or partners as follows:
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in our newsletters or commercial email messages (but excluding e-commerce confirmations and other administrative emails) to unsubscribe from that particular mailing list or email service.
- At any time, you can contact us through email@example.com to have your contact preference changed to "Do Not Contact Me".
- At any time, you can contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out of having Your Information shared with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes.
If you decide to contact us to change your contact preference to "Do Not Contact Me", Dealertrack will implement this change to your Site profile within ten (10) business days of your request. Please be aware that your requested change will not be effective until Dealertrack implements such change and that such requests will be implemented only in connection with your Site profile, and will not impact any preferences you may have made to any other site controlled, owned or operated by Dealertrack or its affiliates. In addition, please keep in mind that even if you opt-out from receiving communications from the Site, residual information about you will remain within Dealertrack databases, access logs and other records, which may or may not contain such personally identifiable information. The residual information will not be used for commercial purposes; however, Dealertrack reserves the right, from time to time, to re-contact former customers or users of the Site for administrative purposes or in order to comply with applicable law.
If you opt-in to the disclosure of Your Information to third parties, and you subsequently decide that you would like to discontinue receiving offers and other promotional materials from such third parties, you may need to contact those third parties directly in order to opt-out of further communications.
III. Accessing, Updating or Deleting Information Collected About You.
This Site also gives you the opportunity to modify or remove Your Information. You may do so by modifying your password-protected registered user information on the site. To the extent that such information is stored in our databases, we will respond to your changes immediately, although please understand that although this information, once deleted, is not available on the Site, that information may remain stored indefinitely in our backup and archival records. However, to the extent that such information is not stored in our databases, we cannot always ensure that these corrections or deletions will immediately reach such other databases.
Modify your registered user information on our Site; or send an email to email@example.com.
Dealertrack employs reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice, for information collected through this Site. However, you should exercise discretion with respect to the submission of any personal or financial information to this Site. Transmitting information via the Internet is never completely secure and, therefore, any information submitted may be intercepted, collected, used or disclosed by others. We cannot, and do not, guarantee that information supplied by users will not be accessed on our servers, or intercepted, collected, used or disclosed by others while being transmitted to or from the Site over the Internet.
Please remember that security of the username and password you create when you register with the Site, is your responsibility; we recommend that you do not share them with anyone. If you share your username and password, you are providing access to your personal information. You will be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Dealertrack of any unauthorized use of your username or password.
V. Links to Other Web Sites.
VI. Intended for Adults Only.
This Site is for use by adults only. We will not solicit, collect or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18. In the event that a child under the age of 18 attempts to register as a member of our Site, we will NOT accept the registration and will delete information received from the child. In the event that a child posts personal information to the Site, we will attempt to delete that information once we become aware of it.
Neither Dealertrack nor any third-party licensor shall have any liability for the accuracy or completeness of this service, any information contained therein, or any component thereof or for delays, inauthenticity, omissions, or other defects therein nor for any claims or losses arising therefrom or occasioned thereby, including, without limitation, any lost profits, indirect, special, or consequential damages. You agree not to use or permit anyone to use the information provided through the service for any unlawful or unauthorized purpose.
IX. Contact Us.